It seems like lingerie is designed for women who are 5’ 6”, wear a 34C bra, size 5 panties, and size 7 shoes—unless you are that woman and still have fit problems, in which case, I guess it’s designed for our avatars rather than our bodies.
Shopping for lingerie online eliminates a lot of the hassles. It might seem counter intuitive, as with fit troubles you want to be able to try it on. But when you shop online, you can quickly narrow your options to just the negligee that is likely to fit. You can try it on in your own bedroom with your own lighting and your own mirror, and if you hate it, send it back. (Yes, this can cost money, but you won’t begrudge it after you find something that makes you feel like a million bucks.)
And most likely, if you put the effort into the search, you won’t hate it.
- Don’t rely on size chart measurements. Email or call the site with your measurements and notes about your proportions, how other brands and sizes fit you, and what you’re looking for
- Look international. You pay a bit more in shipping, but it’s worth it if you get the right fit.
- Stockings, stretchy chemises, and collars fit just about everyone. It doesn’t matter if the stockings won’t stay up if you’re just wearing them on nights in.
- More coverage can be as sexy as less, especially in sheer fabrics. Lingerie is less about skin as it is about mystery. Especially as we get older
- Forget the size noted on the label and look only for fit. I have lingerie that ranges from size M to size 2X, and it all fits me exactly the same.
- If your proportions are impossible to fit off the rack, investigate custom services. There is nothing wrong with your body—only with the narrow range of fits available.
- Corsets look fantastic on all body shapes and must be made custom to look perfect.
Cups from A to JJ. Bands from 28 to 54. Need I say more?
Leather clothing (and toys, noth ready to wear and couture.
Beverly Hills institution, known for custom garments and costumes.
Lingerie that celebrates fill, voluptuous curves.
Great selection of bras in D cup and up, plus clothing designed to fit and flatter busty figured.
Find the rest of this lesson and thousands more sexier sex tips in:
by Regina Lynn
- How to Reveal Yourself and How to Know When It’s Time
- How to Use Technology to Give You More Time for Sex